Scott Sullivan is becoming quite the popular guy in MMA/martial arts circles lately with his Complete Muay Thai Home Study Course (www.MuayThaiHomeStudy.com )
As far as I can tell, this stuff is arguably the best Muay Thai instructional series currently on the market. I say this for 5 reasons:
- First, the material is very thorough for beginners. Scott spends a lot of time teaching the finer points of the basics.
- The instruction is relatively entertaining. I don't know how many times I've been put to sleep watching boring martial arts videos in the past. This stuff though is presented in an interesting fashion.
- The course is pretty well organized. The basics, Thai pads, punch mitts, etc. are all taught in a progressive fashion.
- The instruction is easy to follow.
- Sullivan has established credentials. Having trained with master Chai Sirisute for years, he brings a lot of knoweldge to the table.
The one drawback on this set is the price. It's a hefty $147 . But I guess if you consider how much it costs to actually join a gym, its pretty reasonable given the amount of material contained in this set.
The series also has advanced training sets, a special "Secrets from Thailand" set shot in Thailand with Thai trainers, and a counterattacking series.
If your'e new, try the original set first, then add the others if you feel like you need it.
(note - this series is also available at www.MartialArtsDVD.com )